Expansion Portable 1TB
Simple add-on storage that goes with youThe Seagate Expansion Portable hard drive offers an easy-to-use solution when you need to instantly add storage to your computer and take files on the go.
- Drag and drop file saving right out of the box
- USB powered
- Fast data transfer with USB 3.0 connectivity
The easy-to-use storage solution.
The Expansion portable hard drive installs easily by plugging in a single USB cord. You can start saving your digital files to this external hard drive within seconds of removing it from the box.
Instantly adds storage capacity
Digital photos, video and music files can tax your computer’s storage, causing performance to decline as its internal hard drive fills to capacity. The Expansion portable hard drive comes in a range of capacities, with the 1TB model offering enough data storage for:
- Up to 1,000 hours of digital video
- Up to 250 2-hour DVD movies
- Up to 320,000 digital photos
- Up to 16,660 hours of digital music
Installs in seconds
Seagate® Expansion™ portable hard drive features like these make it incredibly easy to use this drive right from the box.
- Simply plug the included USB cable into your computer–no external power supply needed
- The drive is automatically recognized by Windows operating system–no software to install and nothing to configure.
- Drag and drop to save files to the Expansion portable drive.
- Built-in power management automatically ensures energy-efficient operation
SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 1)
SuperSpeed USB delivers effortless audio/video streaming, music and photos to your home, office, car, and anywhere in between. SuperSpeed USB transfers data up to 5Gbps, up to 10X faster than Hi-Speed USB. SuperSpeed USB works with all USB products. It’s backward compatible with USB 2.0.
USB 3.1 Specification
The USB 3.1 specification includes definitions for both 5Gbps (Gen 1) and 10Gbps (Gen 2) data rates:
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 – SuperSpeed USB (Products signal at 5Gbps)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 – SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps (products signal at 10Gbps)
Note: The terms USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB 3.0 are synonymous